Updated: Jul 18
Visa Application for Filipinos living in Malaysia
How much is the Visa fee?
if it's a single entry, it's for FREE. for Multiple entry you may visit this LINK- VISA FEES for visa fees.
What are the requirements?
Let’s take this one by one.
1. One visa application form. You may download it here.
2. Original passport (Malaysia working visa validity at least 6 months)
3. One 4.5 x 4.5cm colored photo with white background to be pasted on the form
4. Original Certificate of Employment, stating Applicant’s position and length of service (Please note that scan/email/photocopy of company letter and the digital signature is not acceptable)
5. Schedule of stay, fill in tentative daily travel schedule in detail and accommodation (hotel name, address, and phone no). You may download it here
Sample Itinerary - download here
6. . A cover letter from the applicant addressed to the Embassy of Japan stating the reason why you want to apply multiple entry visas and tentative future travel dates to Japan. (this is for MULTIPLE VISA APPLICATION ONLY!)
7. Applicant's latest three months' bank statement in Malaysia (Bank statement must be an original certified true copy by the bank with bank’s stamp and officer’s signature, account holder name, account number, latest 3 months transactions and current balance) Please note that they do not accept e-statement without bank official stamp and officer signature.
Example: If you are submitting your application in January 2018, you need to submit October, November & December 2017 transaction history and December 2017 account balance.
8.. Applicant's latest 3 months salary slip (photocopy)
1. Submission and collection of visas must be done personally by the applicant or else, an original authorization letter is needed (each for submission and collection).
2. Please arrange all the documents according to the sequence. Documents submitted will not be returned.
3. All photocopies must be on A4 size paper. DO NOT STAPLE THE DOCUMENTS.
4. Please take note that the visa is subject to approval and the Consul has the right to ask for additional document(s) after the submission is done.
Please take note* the processing will take 5 working days. After submitting all the requirements they will give you a slip for you to collect your passport. this means there is a huge possibility that your application has been approved. if you did not meet the requirements they needed they will let you know what is your lacking documents. NO NEED TO WORRY*
FAQ's about applying for Japan Visa
Question: Do I need to submit flight and hotel bookings? Answer: Confirmed flight tickets and hotel bookings are not compulsory during visa submission but Consul might request for tentative flight or hotel booking after submission of application. Do not purchase confirmed tickets, we are not responsible for flight tickets or hotel booking which may become unusable due to the delay or denial of a visa.
Question: How long is the validity period of a visa? Answer: Visa validity is 3 months from the date of issuance for a single entry visa.
Question: How long does it take to process the visa? Answer: At least 3-5 working days to process. It might take longer if additional documentation is required. There is NO urgent visa processing service, you may apply for your visa 3 months prior to entering Japan.
Japan Embassy Address
No.11 Persiaran Stonor, Off Jalan Tun Razak,
50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia