Updated: Jul 18
Visa Application for Schengen French Visa Filipinos living in Malaysia
The 26 Schengen countries
are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland
How much is the Visa fee?
The Visa fee is 60 €.
What are the requirements?
First, you need to create an account first from the France embassy website Fill out the form online from there it will lead you to the visa application form. After filling out the application form book an appointment. MUST print a copy of the application form.
You may book your appointment from this LINK.
You can also check how to fill in the visa application.
2. Two Passport Size Photos (35 mm x 45 mm)
You can check out some Sample Photos
3. Valid Passport (with your valid Work Permit/Visa)
4. Flight Reservation (Round trip Ticket) Please take note you don't have to purchase the actual round trip flight ticket. What I did for my flight reservation as I had booked it from my Aunt’s travel agency without paying it. However, you can go to any travel agency and ask them to make you an itinerary will cost you 50 RM.
5. Proof of accommodation (Hotel Reservations)
I booked through Booking.com. Always choose Free Cancellation.
6. Proof of Income A 3 Month bank Statement with bank confirmation is needed in order to prove your financial capability. If you have other savings account you may include so. Please include your Efilling from Hazil as well.
7. Proof of Employment
A letter of absence including the dates signed by your Manager and Certificate of Employment.
8. Travel Insurance Make sure that travel insurance is Schengen accredited. I choose Axa Affin and purchase online. I had the smart Traveller VIP for just 84 RM which covers for 13 days!
9. Cover Letter
State why you want to visit Europe.
Sample Cover letter - download here
10. Sample Itinerary
Since you already have a proof of accommodation would be organized to make your own itinerary
Sample itinerary - download here
What to bring on the day of the appointment:
Payment 60 EURO/ 278 RM
FAQ's about Applying for Schengen Visa
What country should issue my Schengen visa?
Your Schengen visa should be issued by the country that will be your longest duration stay. If you plan to spend equal amounts of time in each Schengen state you visit, then your visa should be issued by the Schengen country you plan to enter first.
Example: if you are staying in Hungary the longest, you should apply Schengen in Hungary embassy.
Can I enter the Schengen Area in a different Schengen country than the one that issued my visa?
There is no general requirement that you must enter the Schengen Area through the country that issued your visa. Your main destination may be different than your first destination. To prevent complications, stick to your itinerary as best you can.
How long does it take to get a Schengen visa?
The general guidelines from the EU say it typically takes 1 to 2 weeks. I got mine for just a week.
What are the Schengen visa insurance requirements?
Your travel medical insurance plan for a Schengen visa must meet these requirements:
A minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros (about USD $34,000)
Coverage for repatriation for medical reasons
Coverage for emergency medical treatment
Coverage for expenses resulting from your death
Coverage for the entire period of your intended stay
Valid in all Schengen Area countries
How long is a Schengen visa valid?
For a French visa, they gave me 30 days for multiple entry. For Hungarian visa, they gave me 15 days single entry so it depends on which Schengen country you are applying for.
Visa Section Opening Hours: 9:00 am – 12.30 pm Mon – Fri Embassy of France
196, Jalan Ampang
Kampung Datok Keramat 5
55000 Wilayah Persekutuan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone:+60 3-2053 5500