Updated: Jul 18
Visa Application for Schengen Hungarian Visa Filipinos living in Malaysia
There 26 Schengen countries
are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
How much is the Visa fee?
Visa fee is 60
What are the requirements?
1. Completed Application Form. You may download it here.
You can also check how to fill in the visa application.
2. Two Passport Size Photos (35 mm x 45 mm)
You can check out some Sample Photos
3. Valid Passport (with your valid Work Permit/Visa)
4. Flight Reservation (Round trip Ticket) Please take note you don't have to purchase the actual round trip flight ticket. Since I know I am going to be approved I have booked my flight earlier 8 months before my travel via British Airways for 2600 RM - cheaper than the one I have booked for France which was 3600 RM. However, you can go to any travel agency and ask them to make you an itinerary will cost you 50 RM.
5. Proof of accommodation (Hotel Reservations)
I booked through Booking.com. Always choose Free Cancellation.
6. Proof of Income A 3 Month bank Statement with bank confirmation is needed in order to prove your financial capability. If you have other savings account you may include so.
7. Proof of Employment
A letter of absence including the dates signed by your Manager and Certificate of Employment.
8. Travel Insurance Make sure that travel insurance is Schengen accredited. I always choose Axa Affin and purchase online. I had the smart Traveller VIP for just 59 RM which covers for 13 days!
9. Cover Letter (this is optional but I just made one as well to summarize all the requirements and why I wanted to visit Europe)
Sample Cover letter - download here
10. Sample Itinerary - since you already have a proof of accommodation would be organized to make your own itinerary
Please take note
Depending on the purpose of travel, some additional supporting documents may be required.
The visa fee is 60 Euro which should be paid at the submission (non-refundable). Please be informed that they only accept Euro notes in cash.
FAQ's about Applying for Schengen Visa
What country should issue my Schengen visa?
Your Schengen visa should be issued by the country that will be your longest duration stay. If you plan to spend equal amounts of time in each Schengen state you visit, then your visa should be issued by the Schengen country you plan to enter first.
Example: if you are staying in Hungary the longest, you should apply Schengen in Hungary embassy.
Can I enter the Schengen Area in a different Schengen country than the one that issued my visa?
There is no general requirement that you must enter the Schengen Area through the country that issued your visa. Your main destination may be different than your first destination. To prevent complications, stick to your itinerary as best you can.
How long does it take to get a Schengen visa?
The general guidelines from the EU say it typically takes 1 to 2 weeks. I got mine for just a week for a french visa and 15 days for a Hungarian visa.
What are the Schengen visa insurance requirements?
Your travel medical insurance plan for a Schengen visa must meet these requirements:
A minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros (about USD $34,000)
Coverage for repatriation for medical reasons
Coverage for emergency medical treatment
Coverage for expenses resulting from your death coverage for the entire period of your intended stay
Valid in all Schengen Area countries
How long is a Schengen visa valid?
Mine is only 15 days of a single entry. It depends on the consul. For a french visa, they gave me 30 days for multiple entries.
The visa procedure takes 15 days.
For APPOINTMENT, for the submission of visa application please e-mail Hungary Embassy
Hungary Embassy email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* after collecting all the necessary documents. The appointment should be made no earlier than 3 weeks or 3 mons prior to your planned departure.
Level 11, Wisma Goldhill, No. 62, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Hours: Opens 8:30 AM